VILLAGE BOARD NEWS
12/08/2016 from 10:00am - 1:00pm
BOARD MEETING NEWS FOR THE VILLAGE OF READSTOWN
December 1st, 2016
President Chad Larson called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Roll call showed all board members present. Also present were Officer Timothy Gratz, Diane Hill, Mitch and Linda Mabb, Emerald and Wendy Faulkner, Allen Erickson.
Clerk confirmed proof of proper notice
November Meeting Minutes were approved.
Audience to Citizens/Visitors none
Fire – Mitch Mabb thanked everyone who supported the Steak Dinner along with special thanks to Tony Wangen for donating the steaks and bar. He reported that they received their SCBA’s (self-contained breathing apparatuses). They will also be attending more training and they cost shared with other county fire departments to purchase a burn trailer facility to do training in.
· The Village Board decided to go with worth services to do a full value assessment and other assessment needs from December 2016 to July 2019
· Approval was made of the 2017 proposed budget and tax levy resolution.
· The Fire Department was approved to take over the 2%Dues checking account.
· Collins and Associate were approved to do our WDR Financial Report Form C, WPSC annual report, Revenues and expense report for Readstown Sewer Utility.
· Gunderson Health Plan will continue with health coverage.
· Brenda Hynek brought out a need for a change in wording with the Town and Country Sanitation, but with that change Town and Country will collect our Garbage.
· The Board decided that 3 more places would be added to the placement of the Agenda and Meeting minutes, as long as the owners approve: Kickapoo Kwkstop, Kickapoo Corners and the Bank.
· Allen Erickson voiced his concerns for some places in town that have garbage built up around or in their homes. Officer Gratz’s agreed with his concerns and would look into see we could do.
· The Village has accepted the contract with The Vernon County Humane Society, Inc. for their Per animal Plan.
REPORTS: Approval to pay bills and the bills to the end of the year.
POLICE: Officer Gratz reported 85 incidents in November. He asked that the Boards approval to purchase a Refrigerator for the evidence room, but the board decided on a Freezer as long as the cost was under $200.00.
UTILITY AND PUBLIC WORKS: Emerald Faulkner said they would order a 50 gallon drum of oil. He also stated that he had spent some tome FEMA, but that we would have to get some more estimates for some of the work.
CLERK: We have a Contract with G&K Services that we have to honor until July 2017
PARKS BUILDING AND GROUNDS: The Village will sell the florescent lighting that was in the Clerks office.
PERSONNEL: The Board adjourned to close session at 7:45 p.m. and reconvened at 8:30 p.m.
When they reconvened they decided to send a $100.00 Gas card and flowers to our EMS director Scott Wilson and his wife.
The meeting adjourned at 8:32
Sincerely, Susan Mueller Village Clerk/Treasurer