02/12/2018 from 9:00am - 8:00pm
Approved : By
Board Meeting Minutes
February 8, 2018
President Chad Larson called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Roll call showed all board members present.
Susan Mueller confirmed proof of proper notice
Motion made by Bruce Mckittrick and seconded by Ed Schaffer, to approve the January 11, 2018 regular board meeting minutes. All present aye, motion carried.
Audience to Citizens/Visitors –None
Announcements/Notices- Susan announced another check was given by FEMA, We received approval for extension of our parks project, and we just finished the sight inspection.
Police: Chief Gratz announced that things have been good. He informed the board that our lawyer (Eileen Brownlee) will be filing an injunction against Wayne Nelson’s property on Tuesday February 12th, 2018. He then gave the board an envelope from Art Piper. He then informed the board that the building on 611 N. Water St has 30 days to patch the residence or have it torn down the vacant building.
EMS – Scott Wilson reported that he attended the WEMAC tradeshow, there he attended several classes.
Fire –Mitch Mabb reported that they would be going to the Kickapoo Township to ask about increasing funds for the Fire Department.
Library – Claudia is working on the annual report. She invited anyone to come to the library to make Valentine Cards.
Ed Schaffer made a motion to approve the contracts with Collins and
Associates for the Village of Readstown, the water and the Sewer reports, John Heal seconded the motion. Roll Call taken and All members voted “YES”. Motion Carried
2. Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to move the May 10th Meeting to May 3rd so Susan could attend FEMA Floodplain training, John Deal seconded the motion. All members AYE. Motion Carried
3. John Deal made a motion to set the Board of Review date for May 23rd, 2018 from 1:30 to 3:30 Ed Schaffer seconded the motion, ALL members Aye, motion carried.
4. Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to allow Susan to attend the WMCA Clerks institute in July of 2018 John Deal seconded the motion. Susan stated that she would make her own rooming arrangements so no expenses would be incurred by the Village.
5. Town and Country announced that they would be starting a one pass system in April to pick up Garbage and Recycling. A letter will be going out to the residents.
1. Bids for a new Police Vehicle were tabled for more information.
1. Charlie reported to the board the Main break and the reservoir overflow, he informed them that the dialer we have does not differentiate between issues. He then showed them a bid from B&M to change over the dialer to a better system at 3630.00. Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to upgrade our equipment and John Deal seconded the motion. Roll Call taken, All members voted “YES”. Motion Carried.
2. Charlie then requested permission to attend a training class to get his credits. Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to have him attend, John Deal seconded the motion.
Audit Committee: authorized disbursements John Heal made a motion to approve the paying of the bills John Deal seconded the motion. Roll Call Taken. Motion carried.
Parks, Buildings, and Grounds: no report
Charlie informed the Board that we may need to order more salt and sand for the year. John Deal made a motion to order more salt and sand if needed, Bruce Mckittrick seconded the motion. Roll Call Taken, All members voted “YES” Motion carried.
Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to purchase a 2002 Ford Range for the Public Works Department for $4650.00, John Deal seconded the motion. Roll Call Taken, All members voted, “YES”
Public Safety and Welfare:
Bruce Mckittrick informed the Board that Mitch Mabb the Fire Chief will be Assigning an outside agency to do Fire Inspections.
He then informed the Board that they would like permission to move the Municipal Court to Readstown. Brian Ewing made a motion to take the steps to move the Court to Readstown, Ed Schaffer seconded the motion. Roll Call Taken, All members voted “YES”. Motion Carried.
Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to set up a dog kennel at the sewer plant, Ed Schaffer seconded the motion. Roll Call Taken, All members Voted “YES”. Motion Carried.
The League of Wisconsin Municipal Insurance presented a Video “In the scope of your authority” to the Village Board.
Chad asked that the board to consider this direction when talking about our employees during open session.
Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to adjourn; Ed Schaffer seconded the motion, All Present Aye. Motioned carried. Meeting adjourned at 9:20 p.m.