03/09/2018 from 7:00pm - 9:30pm
Approved : By
Board Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2018
President Chad Larson called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Roll call showed all board members present.
Susan Mueller confirmed proof of proper notice
Motion made by Ed Schaffer and seconded by Bruce Mckittrick, to approve the February, 2018 regular board meeting minutes. All present aye, motion carried.
Police: Chief Gratz announced that things have been good. He informed the board that his IID Grant would be moving into the second stage of enforcement contact, as the weather permits.
EMS – Scott Wilson reported that he has completed the license renewal for himself and the EMS unit.
Fire –Mitch Mabb presented a financial report to the Village and stated that costs are rising and they would need more assistance. They would also seek help from the Town of Kickapoo
Library – Susan reported on behalf of the library that the UFO meeting will be held on March 30th 2018. At 3 p.m.
1. Shawn Welte and Tim Holzer presented a proposal from Davy Engineering for reservoir roof repairs and controls upgrade. Ed Schaffer motioned to move ahead with the engineering of this project and Brian Ewing seconded the motion. All members Aye. Motion carried.
2. Ed Schaffer motioned to approve the Municipal Building Rental Agreement, the Park Shelters agreement and the Farm Market agreements, John Deal seconded the motion, All members AYE. Motion Carried
3. Bruce Mckittrick motioned not to abandon any roads or alleys in the flood plain and Brian seconded the motion, All members AYE. Motion Carried.
4. Susan informed the Board of the upcoming meeting with FEMA-WDNR Kickapoo River Watershed Discovery.
5. Susan informed the Board of the Comprehensive plan changes that may have to be made, Chad Larson agreed to review the plan.
1. Susan informed the Board of a Request from the Village of Viola to attend a meeting on March 12 at 3p.m.. The Board asked that John Deal, Susan Mueller and Chief Gratz attend.
Audience to Citizens/Visitors –Allen Erickson voiced his concern over the approaches to the sidewalks for wheel chairs, that they have not been being cleared of snow.
Chief Gratz said he would look into it and talk with the Public works employees.
UTILITIES: no report
Audit Committee: authorized disbursements Bruce Mckittrick motioned to approve the paying of the bills John Deal seconded the motion. Roll Call Taken. Motion carried.
Parks, Buildings, and Grounds: John Deal informed the Board about the Parks, Buildings and Grounds Committee Meeting and gave them their recommendations.
1. Ed Schaffer made a motion to purchase the: Water Fountain at Tourist Park: Contoured Square Stainless Steel Drinking Fountain #A151400-FG (14 gauge) $1,185.76 plus shipping charges. John Deal seconded the motion, Roll call taken, All members Yes, motion carried.
2. Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to purchase: Two Farm Gates at the Spring farm Sale. Under ($ 200.00 for the two), John Deal seconded the motion, Roll call taken. All members yes, motion carried.
3. Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to look into costs of a Portable/Mobile Food stand to replace the concession stand at Tourist Park , John Deal seconded the motion, All present Aye, motion carries
Public Safety and Welfare:
Bruce Mckittrick informed the Board about the Public Safety Committee meetings and gave them their recommendations to purchase a police Vehicle as Follows:
1. 2018 Ford Explorer @ $34,365.00 purchased with Trade-in ($11,000.00) and Grant. ($305.88 remaining)
2. 2018 F150 SSV @ $43,430.00 purchased with Trade-in ($11,000.00), use of Grant and use of $2,283.48 in Funds from Police Budget. Board needs to approve redirection of use of funds
3. Ford Taurus @ $26,041.00 purchased with Trade-in ($8,500.00) and Grant. ($4,790.00 remaining)
Brian Ewing motioned to not take the committees 1st recommendation, but to reallocate funds needed to purchase the: 2018 F150 SSV @ $43,430.00 purchased with Trade-in ($11,000.00), use of Grant and use of $2,283.48 in Funds from Police Budget. Ed Schaffer seconded the motion stating that Chief Gratz really needed to watch his spending to stay within his budget with the left over funds. Roll Call Taken, All members Voted “YES”, with the exception of Bruce Mckittrick who abstained. Motion carried.
Ed Schaffer made a motion to pay the $200.00 Scholarship to David Mckittrick for summer help 2017, John Deal seconded the motion, Roll call Taken, All members “Yes”, motion carried.
Ed Schaffer Made a motion that we adopt the Recycling and Solid Waste Ordinance to the Village, John Deal Seconded the motion. This Ordinance would require Village wide use of the Contracted services agreed upon by the Village Board. Roll Call Taken, all members Yes. Motion carried.
At 8:09 Ed Schaffer made a motion to adjourn to closed session, John Deal seconded the motion, Roll Call Taken, All members “Yes”, motion carried.
At 8:25 The Board Reconvened to Open Session
Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to give Chief Gratz a $.50 raise on his anniversary date. Roll Call Taken, all members Yes. Motion carried.
Ed Schaffer motioned to Hire David Mckittrick full time summer hours at $10.00 hrs. (20) And hire Andreas Hunter part-time at $8.00 per hour. Starting time and assignment of hours up to Charlie, John Deal seconded the motion, Roll Call Taken, all members Yes. With the exception of Bruce Mckittrick who abstained. Motion carried.
Bruce Mckittrick motioned to Adjourn; John Deal seconded the motion, All Present Aye. Motioned carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.