04/16/2018 from 8:00am - 9:30pm
Board Meeting Minutes
Village of Readstown
12 April 2018
Call to Order: Chad Larson @ 7 p.m.
Board Members Present: Bruce Mckittrick, Ed Schaffer, David Edgar, John Deal, Brian Ewing, Chad Larson, John Heal
Proof of Proper Notice: Susan confirmed
Approval of Meeting Minutes: Motion made by, John Heal, seconded by John Deal
Audience to Citizens and Visitors: James Cade, Talked about our Garbage Containers, he was concern about people being able walk on sidewalks and garbage containers in the way. He expressed the idea that Garbage containers should not be on the sidewalk.
Announcements/Notices: Chad Larson congratulated Ed Schaffer and David Edgar for retaining their seats as trustees. Susan announced that the water and sewer clerk (Tiffany Mueller) will be leaving in May, she then announced that she will also be leaving, and she will give them the exact date soon.
Police Report: No report on new squad will be coming soon. Busy Month, trespasses, and theft of vehicles, Disorderly conduct
EMS Report: Susan reported that Scott is working on a new grant.
Fire Report: Mitch reported three are going for practicals; Mitch will be out with surgery for a while. They got there burn trailer in for practice. Pancake Supper April 21, 2108 from 4-8
Library Report: National Library week, 50 new books and new movies.
Clerk Report: Susan reported that she is finishing Quarterly reports for FEMA
· Bruce Mckittrick motioned to approve R&M enterprises Fireworks Permits, Ed Schaffer seconded the motion, All present agreed, 0 nays.
· Debbie and Elaine Strait asked to remove the sidewalk by their house on Maiben St. The Board tabled the Idea to gather further information.
· Zoning request by Rudy Beachy was tabled as no one was present.
· Ed Schaffer made a motion to Accept The proposal from Alan Buss to update the Website.($110.00) Brian Ewing seconded the motion. Roll Call Taken, All Voted Yes, with the Exception of John Deal who voted NO.
· Kevin Klepper Driveway permit was Tabled
· Bruce Mckittrick made a motion not to accept the revision from Viola for the Municipal Court, but to get an itemized list of expenses and review it again in May. John Deal seconded the motion. All present agreed, 0 nays
· Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to approve the park agreement for the Friends of Readstown for June 8,9, and 10, 2018 for the canoe race and Picnic. John Deal seconded the motion. All present agreed, 0 Naye
· Ed Schaffer made a motion to approve all Operators’ License,
Zoey Meil, Emma Howell, Marcy Nelson, Sydney Mueller
Brian Ewing seconded the motion. All Present agreed, 0 nays
Utilities: Water/Sewer: Charlie Strait reported that they are running test to reapply for our Sewer Permit
· Susan informed the Board of Bills that had not been paid by the Sewer Department during the years 2010-2015 a total of $24,189.51 these were paid by the General account, but needs to be paid back by Sewer. Bruce Mckittrick suggested that the Financial Committee look into it.
· Audit Committee: David Edgar made a motion to pay the Bills. Ed Schaffer seconded the motion. Roll Call was taken. All Voted Yes.
Parks, Cemetery, Building and Grounds: John Heal
· Bruce Mckittrick made a motion that we spend the money ($100.00) to replace the door at the PW shop, John Deal seconded the motion. Roll Call taken. All present yes. Motion carried
· John Heal brought up the need for repair of the Handicap ramp outside the Municipal Building. The board asked him to look into costs to repair it.
· John Heal Made a motion to spend up to $200.00 to build a storage room in the PW shop, Brian Ewing seconded the motion. Roll Call was taken and all present voted, yes. Motion carried
· Ed Schaffer made a motion to rent the lift and to by Foam to fill the gutters not to exceed $140.00, Brian Ewing seconded the motion. Roll Call was taken all present voted, yes. Motion Carried
· John Heal made motion that we purchase the Cub Cadet lawn Mower; Brian Ewing seconded the motion, After much discussion. Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to reallocate funds to have $1360.00 to use toward the purchase of the John Deere. Brian Ewing seconded the motion. Roll Call was taken. All present Voted, Yes. Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to purchase the John Deere x384 using the reallocated funds, Brian Ewing seconded the motion. Roll Call taken All Present voted Yes with the exception of Ed Schaffer voted No. Motion carried.
Public Safety and Welfare: Bruce Mckittrick
Finance, Personnel, and General Government: Chad Larson
· Referendum for Fire Department Bruce Mikittrick made a motion to make changes, send to this to the Lawyer to review and make corrections. Brian Ewing seconded the motion. Roll Call taken all present voted Yes, motion carried. Roll Call was taken, all present voted yes. Motion carried
· Municipal Court discussion was tabled until the May 10, Meeting.
· Ed Schaffer made a motion to adopt the procurement plan sent by the Lawyer, Bruce Mckittrick seconded the motion.
· John Deal made a motion to move to closed session, Brian Ewing seconded the motion. All present voted yes. Motion carried Adjourned to close session at 7:50
Reconvened: At 8:39:
· Bruce Mckittrick made a motion to place an ad for a water/sewer, deputy clerk, Brian Ewing seconded the motion. All present voted yes. Motion carried.
· Ed Schaffer made a motion to adjourn, Brian Ewing Seconded the Motion, All present agreed, 0 nays, Motion carried. Meeting Adjourned at 8:42
Village of Readstown, Clerk